Last Updated 12-01-2020.
Following an executive order closing Kentucky restaurants and bars to in-person dining for three weeks, Governor Andy Beshear created a $40 million fund using federal coronavirus relief funds to help out restaurants and bars.
Restaurants and bars across the state can begin applying for relief funds Monday, November 30 at noon.
This Food and Beverage Relief Fund will be on a first come first serve basis with applications. Businesses will be eligible for up to $10,000 per location with a maximum of $20,000 per business entity.
- Application portal will open November 30, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Public Protection Cabinet starting on November 30, 2020.
- Assistance will be paid as lump sum payment to the owners for all documented eligible expenses.
- Payments are anticipated to be dispensed to owners no sooner than December 8, 2020.
- Applications will close when funds are exhausted, or on December 18, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM, whichever comes first.
- Available to businesses that are defined as bars or restaurants
- Bars = business that holds a valid retail liquor by the drink license and serves drinks for on-site consumption.
- Restaurants = business that makes prepared meals in single quantities one customer at a time for on-site consumption.
- Business with less than 50% of their sales via drive-thrus will be eligible.
- Business may not be owned by a publicly traded company.
- Business will be required to remain in compliance with all public health orders.
- Any award will be a grant, not a loan. However, the grant may be considered taxable income (consult your tax professional for additional guidance), and awardees will receive a 1099 statement regarding any award received.
- Entity must supply and maintain documentation demonstrating that the award reimbursed permissible expenses for a period of five (5) years.
- Entities that do not comply with the terms of the program may be required to return the award.
- Entities must complete the required certification in the application portal. To see a sample of the certification requirements, click here. There is no need to print or upload this document, as the system will complete the certification for you as part of the application process.
Applications are coming in fast, so please submit your request for assistance immediately!