- Community Projects
Mustard Seed Hill
Donate Supplies or Give to Western Kentucky Relief Fund
As reported by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce via Governor Andy Beshear’s office, officials are requesting the following donations be mailed or taken to:
Mayfield-Graves County Fairgrounds
Mayfield, KY 42066
· Head Lamps
· Work/Utility Gloves
· New Socks
· New Undergarments
· Warm clothes
· Toiletry Items
· Food that doesn’t need to be cooked
The state of Kentucky has set up a Western Kentucky Relief Fund for monetary donations. People can also donate to the Kentucky Red Cross.
· Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
· To donate by phone via credit card or to ask questions about donating money to the Red Cross, please call 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669)
WFPL has also published a comprehensive list with additional avenues to contribute. As of now, donations are the best way to contribute. Officials are asking that volunteers, etc. travel to the area as FEMA, Emergency Management, and other experts are there.
There are various organizations collecting supplies to donate to those impacted by the storms. Here are two opportunities to donate below!
Lexington Emergency Operations Center in Need of Boxes & Packing Items for Efforts to Help Western KY Recovery
The Lexington Emergency Operations Center is helping out with the Western KY storm recovery, and they are in need of the following items:
· Boxing solutions for storing all manner of cleaning materials (somewhere in the 18"x18"x 18” area);
· Boxing solutions for storing all manner of toys (larger boxes needed, which could be moved using two people).
· Tape and markers to assist in sealing & marking donations for travel.
If you have items to donate, contact Russell Rains at firstname.lastname@example.org.