We know that homeowners and potential homebuyers are reeling from the impact of the COVID-19 Outbreak. Here at Community Ventures, we are working hard to connect our clients with the best available resources to support them through this crisis. Please check this site frequently for updates regarding those resources.
Last updated 3-24-2020.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Housing Support For COVID-19 Impact
Does Community Ventures have grant funds to assist business or mortgage borrowers?
- No, unfortunately, we do not have any grant funds at this time. If we receive such funds, we will make that information available to our customers who need assistance.
If I am still interested in purchasing home and need homebuyer education, how can I access that remotely?
- Community Ventures offers online homebuyer and homeowner education through eHome America, and one-on-one HUD-approved pre-purchase counseling through our Virtual Counseling Center (VCC). Prospective or existing homebuyers can access the online courses for basic money management, pre-purchase, post-purchase, or foreclosure prevention by clicking HERE.
Do I have to be a current Community Ventures customer to get assistance with my business or mortgage loan?
- Yes. At this time, we are working very hard to provide technical assistance as well as loan modifications to our existing customers who are in need.
How can I get assistance with my mortgage loan without coming into the office?
- Although our offices are currently closed, Community Ventures’ staff is still working remotely. You can access our team by sending an email to email@example.com. This mailbox is monitored by several people, and someone will get back with you as quickly as possible. Please provide as much information as you can about your current situation and needs so we can assist you as expeditiously as possible. You can also complete the Request for Assistance one-page form and returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I refinance my existing loan?
- Please contact us at email@example.com and we will have a specialist contact you to discuss your particular situation.
My company has closed its physical office but I’m still working from home and still earning my normal income. Is assistance available to me to help with loan payments or other debts?
- No. If you have not experienced any financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 emergency, we do not have any specific resources available for you at this time.
A few years ago, I heard there was money available to help me with my mortgage payments for a few months. Is that money available now?
- No. At this time, we have not been advised of any assistance for mortgage payments if you are experiencing a financial difficulty resulting from the COVID-19 emergency. Should such funds become available, we will make information available through our website and other avenues.
Is Community Ventures still building new houses and offering the rehab program?
- Yes. We are continuing to do new construction for homebuyers in both our Artist Village development in Lexington and our Cedar Street development in Louisville. We are also continuing to purchase and rehab houses in our rural rehab program. Those activities have not stopped at this time.
How do I access the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL Loans)?
- You can directly access the SBA application site via sba.gov/disaster. There is more information available for business loans on our site HERE.