- Community Development
Mustard Seed Hill
25 homes. 25 families. One community.
What do you call home? We believe home is where you grow.
Community Ventures, in partnership with Louisville Metro and JP Morgan Chase, is pleased to announce the first of 25 homes has broken ground on Cedar Street. We are teaming up with local contractors, realtors, and lenders to create and develop a unique neighborhood true to the heart of the Russell community. If you are looking for a place you can call home, Cedar Street might be your new address.
Building Cedar Street from the Ground Up
The new homes sprouting up on Cedar Street are not the only thing to celebrate. In preparation for this project, the City of Louisville worked hard to revamp the infrastructure of this quiet thoroughfare, installing new street lights, laying down new asphalt, setting up new electrical wiring, and repairing street damage. The gas, electric, and sewer systems on Cedar Street are brand new, providing new and existing tenants with top quality amenities. Lastly, new trees and grass were planted as part of an initiative to bring greener space to the city’s urban centers.
About the Homes
Community Ventures is building 25 energy-efficient, market rate, custom built homes on and around Cedar Street in the Russell neighborhood of West Louisville. These homes include:
- Home buyers can select from a range of options including appliances, light fixtures, floors, paint colors, etc.
- Energy efficient appliances, energy star rated windows, water saver toilets & shower heads, and LED lighting.
- Granite counter tops and cultured marble vanities; tile, laminate, or carpet flooring.
- Exteriors can be dressed with brick siding, hardie plank, or a mixture of the two.
- Lots range in size from 40 ft. x 60 ft. to 40 ft. x 100 ft. and homes vary from 1,100 square feet to 1,600 square feet.
There are four unique floor plans being offered to accommodate families of all different sizes. If you or your family is interested in investing in the Russell neighborhood and planting your feet in a budding community, Community Ventures can help to get you there. From business lending to home ownership counseling to a multitude of community projects, Community Ventures works to improve each individual’s chance of economic success. For more information on Cedar Street and our services here at Community Ventures, give us a call at 859-231-0054.
Visit the full Cedar Street website at www.CedarStreetWestLou.com.